Friday, March 10, 2006

Bad Baby Names

I was innocently reading the Well Trained Mind board, and I came across this link for Bad Baby Names. It is absolutely hilarious. It's making me reconsider "Anna Claire" (not). Here's a sample of a post and a comment from Part VI: When You're in Love, the Whole World is Welsh:

if i had a little girl i would name her Catatonia Calliope. catatonia meaning
catatonic or in a coma and calliope meaning beautiful voice. i know its a tad
odd but i like it!

(Comment) See, it means she has a beautiful voice. With no brain activity. And drools and
needs a catheter. And is played at circuses!


Here's another sample, again helpful since we haven't decided on a back-up boys' name:

I am 7 months pregnant, and I am having a boy. I think i'm going to name my son
Kakinston ,, What do you think... ??


(Comment) Besides sounding like a former Central Asian Soviet republic bordering
Uzbekistan, it aids small bullies immensely, starting the kid's name with KACK.


LOL! This is a site you can go crazy with! For all of you who might be having a child in a few years, there are LOTS of "creative" options here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, just don't name her Emily....
E. Bolha. Or Erin or Elizabeth. Anything that starts with an E.

I can't wait.

I want to send you something. But if you don't like it I don't want you to be nice about it. Will you send it back if you don't?