Saturday, March 18, 2006

Today's the Day!

. . . The day that Grandma and Grandpa get here, of course! LOL! Did I fool you? : ) We are all very excited, none more so than Jonathan, who has been asking every morning when he wakes up for the past 2 weeks, "TODAY Grandma and Grandpa come here?". He and Caleb were pretty excited when today I could finally say, "Yes!" We did a big cleaning sweep yesterday afternoon, and while we were vacuuming, Elizabeth called to see if we could have Bible study over at our house last night. Sure, the house is already almost clean! The boys did have to re-pickup the basement this morning, but I'm sure they wouldn't have traded the fun playing with all the kids down there last night!

I am so excited to tell you that I had a really good appointment yesterday, praise the Lord. I was so worried that the doctor would assume the worst about the baby's size from the ultrasound, but instead she breezed in saying, "Well, it looks like this baby will be more normal sized!" Well, I don't know about that--I feel like if I go until close to my due date, the baby will probably be around the same size as Caleb and Jonathan, but hey--as long as she's not worried, right? Because I'm not! When she checked my cervix, she said that I was definitely over 3 cm dilated now, and that it looks like my body knows what it is doing, so we should just let it do its thing. Great idea! One I am totally comfortable with! So it looks like she's not so gung-ho on inducing or anything right now, and I am feeling so much less pressure now. Thanks for your prayers. She didn't even strip my membranes yesterday, although I expect she will next Friday if I haven't gone by then. I'm fine with that though, and that will probably be close enough to my due date (March 28) that it would get things going. To be honest, next week isn't the most convenient time to have a baby! Bob has some pre-retirement thing all next week at Bolling, which is basically light-years away from here, D.C. driving-time, so it would be harder for him to get back here if I did go into labor. So maybe we can all just hang out with Grandma and enjoy ourselves for a week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm soooo excited!!!!

Yes, thankyouverymuch, you did fool me you stinker!!