Monday, March 06, 2006

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like . . .

. . . a baby is coming sometime in the near future! We had a very productive weekend. Our friends Ed and Brian came over Saturday to help us do a complicated furniture-swap. Now the futon is in Jonathan's room, the crib is in the old futon room (which is going to be where the baby sleeps), Caleb's dresser is in Jonathan's room, Jonathan's dresser is in the baby's room (since we use it for a changing table), and the computer desk is in Caleb's room. Tomorrow night we're planning on moving Caleb's bed into Jonathan's room, and they'll be roommates like Nathan and Luke, something that makes everyone very excited. Hopefully that will still translate to lots of good sleep! So Jonathan had been sleeping his big boy bed since Saturday, and he's been doing just fine. In fact, he likes to tell me that he's tired and then go up to his bed and just lie there. I think the real thrill in that is that he can suck on his binky. I still haven't taken away his pacifier, although he only has it while sleeping. If it seems like he's wanting it during the day after this first bit of novelty has worn off, then I'll just put it up on a shelf--out of sight, out of mind! He looks so cute and tiny in that double bed though.

After church on Sunday, the ladies there had a little shower for me. We went out to lunch at a nice Italian restaurant close to the church. Frankly, I was more excited just about the chance for good grownup female conversation than about the possibility of presents! It was really a lot of fun, and I did receive many nice girls' things. I'm not going to wash any of them until after the ultrasound on March 14, though! I haven't had a shower since Luke was born, so it was just so nice if them to think of it for me! The restaurant was great too--one of the ladies brought a cake from Costco (the kind with strawberry filling--yummy!), and our waiter made the way-extra effort of drizzling strawberry syrup on each dessert plate, then putting the slice of cake on that, putting a dollop of whipped cream next to it with a real strawberry on top, and then drizzling that with chocolate syrup. Wow! And there was no extra charge for it! Pretty fancy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How absolutely delightful! I had to restrain myself today while shopping. So many adorable and non pink girl clothes to ooh and ahh over. I can't wait. I have a box labeled already. Just need a confirmation.
How are you doing? Are the boys getting excited about having another baby or about all the changes or a bit of both?
Well, I am off to bed. Keep us posted. I am on pins and needles.

Pilot Mom said...

I'm right there with you, Pam! We are all so excited we can hardly stand it. I keep seeing beautiful girl things, so hurry up, Claire!

Dy said...

*smile* I know exactly how you felt about the shower. It's wonderful, isn't it?

And yes, how are *you* feeling? You're getting close! Hurray!

Dy