Friday, March 24, 2006

Quick update

I had another appointment this morning. I'm still pretty much the same as far as dilation goes--3+ cm, but the baby has dropped some. The doctor thoroughly stripped my membranes, so hopefully that will cause something to happen, although I haven't even had a contraction after my appointment yet! Actually, I have a shower tomorrow afternoon from 1-3, and I really want to go to that, so hopefully things will start after that. Yes, I know--it's highly unlikely that this baby will cooperate and start coming when it's convenient for me! Oh well. There are several people in the general D.C. metro area that we have been stationed with before, and they are invited to the shower. I really want to see them and visit!

The docotr said that if I haven't gone into labor by Monday, then to call and make an appointment Monday morning for either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Then they will see if anything has happened, and consider breaking my water (the office I would go to is right next to the hospital). I would probably pick Thursday for that! But we'll see what happens in the meantime . . .

2 comments:

witw said...

I hated when doctors would brake patient's membranes in their office. Then patient would come to hospital and expect their babies to come. In the meantime there where the inductions and c/sections and patients who are in labor that had prioity for a room. Hopefully your doctor would will call first before you go to the hospital!!!! Mel

Bob and Claire said...

Yeah, that sounded a bit odd to me too. I tend to go pretty quickly once my water is broken, so I would definitely want the issue of having a room for me to be decided before any breaking of water is done! Hopefully it won't come to that. I must say I've only had a few contractions this evening though, and she did a VERY thorough job of stripping my membranes. I thought I would have had more. Oh well.