Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A Complimentary Dinner

Tonight I made enchilada casserole for dinner, a huge favorite of the boys'. They gave me an appreciative round of applause at the beginning of the meal, and then when Nathan was all done (3 big helpings later), he leaned back and told me it was "excellent . . . as usual". Luke followed that up with, "Hey, Mom, your tummy is shrinking!" Why yes, LOL, thanks for noticing! It's not shrinking fast enough to suit me, since I still am nowhere close to fitting into any clothes, but it IS smaller. Usually the kind of "tummy" comments I get are something like, "Wow, Mom, your tummy looks like a big stretched-out balloon", which was said by Nathan after I had Jonathan. Not nearly as complimentary, I must say.

I think the boys were predisposed to be so flattering because I went to the library this morning after my dental appointment, so they have all sorts of new books to read. Yes, I am feeling well enough to run errands! It is so nice to be able to do things without that chronic excruciating soreness. I feel I am still more tired than normal, but the pain . . . so wonderful to have that gone. I am thanking the Lord to live in the age of antibiotics! I can't imagine how those pioneer women could have handled mastitis--bears and Indians, yes, but mastitis, no.

3 comments:

Dy said...

Isn't it amazing how such a small organism can reduce us to quivvering balls of fear and crying? Ugh.

I am so, so thankful that you are feeling better and up and around! And YAY on the shrinking tummy! I know it felt VERY good when the boys stopped telling me I had "puppy belly". :-)

Dy

Unknown said...

a puppy belly....hmmm.
Have to say, I'm kinda glad I didn't get to enjoy that aspect of motherhood!! ;0]

So glad you are feeling better m'dear!
Love, Pam

mattkimuber said...

Bob and Claire,
Great to see that this blog thing has potential. Yours is great. We loved looking at the pictures of Anna Claire. What a beautiful "guy" she is.LOL We got a kick out of all your updates. Looks like the boys are doing well. We are heading out of here next Friday. We will be coming to settle our goods on the 8th of May and moving in to stay on the 12th. The kids will be staying at Kim's parents. Anyways, you know the pace of moving. Things coming at us fast and furious, but GOD is good and we have been blessed by the OCF family here. Look forward to catching up. In person or by blogger.com. God bless,
Matt and Kim