Saturday, April 29, 2006

Another weekend

Wow, what a difference a week makes! Last week I was sick as can be, entertaining Bob's family. This week I feel like a whole different person, in part because Anna had a great night last night. She went to sleep at 12:30, then slept until 5:45 (!). After I fed her, I put her back down, and she slept until 9:45. And so did I. Ahhhh. What a difference a few hours of uninterrupted sleep makes in one's outlook on life in general.

It's a good thing she's being so cooperative, and I have such a good outlook on life, because Mom and I have retackled pottytraining Jonathan, and frankly, he's not been nearly so cooperative. He's trying to be, but he's having a hard time putting it all together. Thursday was not a good day; Friday was a little bit better, but it involved him staying in the kitchen on the linoleum the entire day. Fortunately he is happy being read to or just playing with his little Larry the Cucumber figure and a Duplo horse, so he didn't complain much. Also, we plied him with juice boxes and apple juice (both are VERY special treats around here), so he thought that was great. He's just having a hard time feeling (or I should say noticing) the urge to go (he's improving, though), and he's having a hard time emptying his bladder completely when he does go. Also, he has never pooped on the potty, which causes me some concern, especially in light of Luke's constipation issues. Since he has no compunction about pooping in his underwear, you can understand my hesitation to let him out of the kitchen! I'm not sure what we'll do about church tomorrow--probably just put him in a diaper, and work more next week. I just never dreamed he'd have such a hard time with these concepts! I'm praying for patience . . .

No comments: