Saturday, April 15, 2006

Spring Break!

This week we have pretty much taken as Spring Break. By that I mean, we haven't done any school, and we might as well call it something! Grandpa was here (he leaves Monday for 2 weeks in China), Daddy took off Tuesday and Wednesday, and the weather was just gorgeous--definitely not a week for hitting the books! Instead, the boys have spent lots of time outside. Nathan and Luke have played a lot of basketball at the end of the cul-de-sac. Bob took them, as well as Caleb, for a bike ride on the W&OD bike path Thursday morning, and then they had track practice Thursday night. Today all the boys played tennis with Bob at our swim/tennis place. Maybe we'll call it sports camp week. Ahh, the joys of a large family--plenty of people to play with! It's also been a good week for freezer pops, which is what you see Jonathan clutching in the picture. No way was he putting that down for even a second!

Tonight Bob and I are going on a date (is that what it's called when you're alone with the person you married, away from your house? LOL!). I think we're going to Chevy's since we have a coupon, and I love Mexican food. Meanwhile, back at the ranch here, Grandma and Grandpa will be holding down the fort and grilling hot dogs and hamburgers. (Isn't that great how I could mix metaphors and use TWO place descriptions for our suburban Colonial house? LOL!) I'm sure everyone will do just fine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how the boys keep growing! I love Caleb's expression!
I remember freezer pops. I always thought they had a funny kind of taste or something. It would make the corners of my mouth sore.
Hope you had great time on your date! You definitely deserve it.
A sports camp week sounds like FUN!
Say Hi to all for me!
Love, Pam

Dy said...

LOL! Love the metaphor mixing. Dating can do that to a girl, though, no?

I hope you had a lovely time out, alone, with the spouse. Zorak and I try that once in a while - and we end up not wanting to miss the boys' bedtime. But it's nice to get out together, even for a short time.

Dy