Sunday, April 02, 2006

A Family Picture


Here we all are, just a few hours after Anna was born. I haven't even been moved upstairs to the postpartum ward yet! Grandma and Grandpa brought all the boys to see their new sister for the first time. Nathan and Luke were excited to see the baby, but Caleb and Jonathan really wanted to see me. Awww. That melts a mommy's heart!

I think I look like I'm feeling pretty good here, and you know, I was! And I still am. It's amazing the difference between having your first child and having your fifth! If only you could have your fifth one first! LOL! I remember going to visit my friend Elizabeth after she had her fourth. Nathan was about 9 months old at the time. I asked her how she was feeling, and she said something like she wasn't ready to do jumping jacks, but really she was feeling pretty good. And I clearly remember thinking, "She's lying!", since I could very distinctly still remember how I felt a few days after having had a baby--like my whole nether region had been through a meat grinder, and I could barely sit down, not to mention how exhausted I was. But as I have discovered myself, she wasn't lying! One of God's little gifts to moms of more than one, I guess!

In other "Anna" news, she had a really good night last night. Obviously posting about my troubles here got her to shape up, LOL!

3 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

We want more pics! Actually, the large file wasn't a problem for me at all. It went into my Picasa thing for pics and then I just blogged it directly to my Blog. Didn't change sizes at all and it worked just fine! So send them on!

Dy said...

You look wonderful! Everyone looks wonderful! Oh, what fun. And do you realize this is the first picture I've seen of you? How fun to put faces with names!

I kwym about recovering easier after the others. It's uncanny. And I'm thankful for it! Keep resting, though, and enjoying your little ones.

And kiss those babies (even the big ones)!
Dy

Pilot Mom said...

We want more pics! :) What's going on? One would think you had just had a new baby or something! ;D