Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sobering News

This afternoon, Bob was paging through my dad's copy of Checkpoints, the alumni magazine for the Air Force Academy, when he noticed a familiar name on the last page. His roommate from the Academy, Steph Kajah, died on February 15 in a skiing accident at Breckenridge. Wow. That was a shock. Steph was the man who led Bob to the Lord. He would faithfully read his Bible and listen to Chuck Swindoll on the radio, and eventually Bob was curious enough to start asking questions. Bob was religious, but he didn't really know God or understand what Jesus did for him. Steph was the one who explained that Jesus took Bob's place and paid the penelty of death for Bob's sin so that Bob could have a relationship with a holy God. We are confident that Steph is in the presence of the Lord right now, and because of his faithful testimony, Bob will be there when he dies too. I am so thankful for Steph's life, since he directly impacted my life by leading Bob to the Lord, but I am so sad for his wife and family. And it is also very sobering to reflect on whether or not I am impacting anyone's life for eternity, since none of us know how long we'll be here on earth.

3 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

What a shock, Claire! It is a comfort to know where he is and with Whom! I, too, am thankful for Steph and his faithfulness to share Christ with Bob. Don't you love to look back at the threads of our "Christ geneology?"

I'll be praying for his wife and family.

Unknown said...

That is terrible. So sad for such a thing to happen to someone you know.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, but am thankful that he's in the Lord's loving presence.

Dy