Tuesday, August 01, 2006

4 Month Post-Partum Update

I am pleased to announce that this morning the scale read my pre-pregnancy weight. Yay! Of course, my clothes do not actually FIT as if I were at my prepregnancy weight! Sigh. I still have that attractive doughy mass of stretched out tummy skin. Shall I put a tummy tuck on the ol' Amazon wishlist for Christmas? LOL! I remember telling Bob after I had Caleb that I would have to do situps for at least 9 months to even start getting rid of it at all. I faithfully did sit-ups and exercised, and by August (he was born in November), I was feeling really great about myself, and I thought I HAD finally lost some of those pesky inches. But then my clothes started feeling tight, no matter how many situps I did, or how far I walked or ran. I distinctly remember one whiny conversation I had with Amy where I was so discouraged about this weight gain, and how I was really going to have to cut back on my portion sizes, etc. And then I got smart and took a pregnancy test, so those inches were actually Jonathan. Hmm--was the weight loss at all related to the pregnancy? LOL!!

After I had Jonathan, I never really got back into a consistent exercise program, however. We moved when he was one, and I quit nursing when he was 14 months. Then I all of a sudden put on 10 pounds over the course of 3 or 4 months! Ack! My non-pregnancy, non-nursing metabolism had somehow slowed while we were in Ohio, but since I was NEVER not pregnant or nursing those 3 years, I completely missed that! I was able to stop the weight gain at those 20 pounds, but I never lost them. Then I was sick for several months (well, I had pneumonia for a few weeks, but I think I broke a rib because it hart so badly so long after), and then we were traveling for a month, and then last July, what do you know, I turned up pregnant again. So those 10 pounds are finally in my sights again as well. Of course, who wants to bet that I will work really hard, lose the weight AND some inches, and then end up pregnant once again?! And all my efforts will be for naught! LOL! Break out the chocolate! Oh wait--I'm not eating dairy. I guess that's a good enough reason to keep on losing weight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pshaw!!
Claire..exercise is never for naught...weight notwithstanding.
Pam