Thursday, August 31, 2006

Packing

We leave tomorrow afternoon for White Sulphur Springs, for the OCF retreat. I should, technically, be packing for the trip, but instead, here I am on the computer. Some of this computer time was legitimate--I typed up a Latin review worksheet for the boys for tomorrow. But now I am clearly done with all the valid stuff, and I should be packing. But I'm not. I think I'm just packed out. Also, this trip is going to take more packing brain cells than the last few weekends have. WSS is in the Allegheny mountains, and I know it is going to be chillier up there, so I need to pack sweatshirts, jeans, etc., as well as shorts and t-shirts for the warmer times. You know, for one person, packing for varying weather is no big deal. Packing for 7 people, however, makes that not a very fun task! Time to haul out the big suitcases!

Well, that answers the question of who all is going on this trip! Yep, it's all of us. Pam, I typed out a response to your comment, but it disappeared into thin air when I tried to post it, and I never got around to retyping it! Although we are all going, there will be classes for the kids (and a nursery for Anna) during the adult teaching sessions, so it will be still a nice break for Bob and me. Also, my parents are going to be there (yay!), so there are some more pairs of hands to help, especially with Anna. She has not been as crabby today, so I'm hopeful that the worst of this bout of teething is past though. My mom has already volunteered to stay at the hotel with Anna so I can square dance Saturday night. This is good because I've already got a partner--Nathan has asked me to dance with him again! : ) It will be twice as much fun, since I'm not pregnant this year!

Alright, alright, I hear you . . . enough stalling. Okay, I am logging off. At least I can pack my stuff tonight!

*Update* Well, it's now 1:00 Friday afternoon, and I am proud to say that we are all packed up, the van is loaded, and we're now just waiting for Bob to get home in another hour and a half, hopefully. Whew! My biggest issue was that I had to find long pants and sweatshirts that fit each boy, since I haven't gotten back out the winter stuff. Everyone moved up a size, and I really had to scrounge for Nathan. I knew his jeans didn't fit anymore, so we had bought some Wedensday at WalMart. Fortunately, a friend of ours gave us some hand-me-downs last year, and they included some sweats that him fit now. Praise the Lord for good friends! Poor Anna will have to wear a boy's jacket, though, because I have no little pink or purple ones yet! : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Packing for seven...wow. Can't even fathom that.

I hope you don't step on poor Nathan's toes.

Have a wonderful time. "Hey" to everyone for me and hugs and kisses. Be safe.

♥Pam