Sunday, August 06, 2006

Today I am thankful for . . .

. . . friends at church who, having decided their family is complete with 2 daughters, are giving away all their clothes as they outgrow them. And they chose--us! This morning Jen gave me 2 big trashbags and 1 big box full of 3-9 month clothes. Wow. That is a serious lot of clothes. I've started to go through them, and I think that I won't have to wash clothes for Anna again until she is out of the 3-6 month size, since her wardrobe has now at least quadrupled. Jen told me that both her mom and her mother-in-law love to buy clothes for her girls, and I guess she is right! Their younger daughter is almost exactly 1 year older than Anna, so the seasons are right on. Now I am really hoping to have another daughter so we can get some more use out of all these clothes! It was so generous to give the clothes away, instead of consigning them, ebaying them, having a yard sale, whatever. And I'm thankful!!

1 comment:

Dy said...

Isn't that delightful?

I had to laugh at myself the other day, though. The boys each have a dozen coat hangers. If it doesn't all fit on your hangers, then it's time to cull. It has always been that easy. You walk to the closet, grab the nearest t-shirt or polo (or button up, if we're going to church) and voila! You're dressed.

Until now. Miss Emily has three dozen hangers - all given to us by generous friends. And everything is so cute that I stand there, completely unable to figure out what to put her in each day. I'm a nerd!

Dy