Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Switching Things Around

Parenthetically, still no pictures. Oh well.

So, while Nathan was away this summer at Camp Caleb, our Caleb slept with Luke while Jonathan slept by himself. When Nathan came back, Luke thought he should get a chance to sleep in Jonathan's room, so we did that for a few nights. Then Nathan thought it wasn't fair for Luke to get to sleep with Jonathan while he never had a turn, so then he had 3 nights with Jonathan. Then Caleb wanted to go back with Jonathan, and so on. So we've worked out an every 3 night schedule for who sleeps where, with Jonathan always being in his futon bed, and everyone else switching beds and rooms.

Having all this flexibility really surprised me. I really thought that Nathan and Luke would never want to sleep with the little guys. This has opened up a whole new world of possibilities. For example, I really want to get another set of bunk beds for Jonathan's room. I really want a set with a full bed on the bottom and a twin on the top. I've been looking on craigs list, but so far I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for (I want some kind of storage too--like drawers underneath--and since I'm not desperate, I can afford to wait!). I've been thinking about these bunkbeds for awhile now, but I just couldn't figure out how it would work, since Caleb really isn't ready to be on the top bunk yet. But now I see that Nathan and Luke will just take turns up there, while the other one will be on the top bunk in their room!

Also, it has been so helpful to have an older boy in with Jonathan. When he and Caleb are together, there is more giggling and goofing around. Also, Jonathan has started having to go poopy a few minutes after he is kissed goodnight and the door shut. This morning Luke casually mentioned that Jonathan had gone last night. I was surprised, since I had never heard him get up or call or anything. Luke had wiped him and put his bedtime diaper back on him! Woo hoo! When I put the boys down, I really like to be TOTALLY done, and the whole potty thing with Jonathan has been quite frustrating. I am so delighted with this new turn of events! How nice!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, my eyes went crossed when you started 'splaining.

But I love that Luke is such a good boy and didn't get all lame and go get you to take care of something so many adults (i.e. men) won't take care of.

Some woman, well at least 4 hopefully, some day is going to bow down at your feet for raising such AWESOME boys.
♥ Pam

Bob and Claire said...

LOL, I don't keep track of it all either--I just ask each night, "Who's sleeping where?" and somehow they all know and agree. Whatever! : )

Pilot Mom said...

What fun! Isn't Luke the absolute best big brother?! Way to go!!!