Thursday, March 06, 2008

Another Day, Another Doctor Visit . . .

I decided last night that I would go ahead and try to get 4 appointments today so that Luke, Caleb, Jonathan, and Anna could get throat cultures. Our pastor's wife had called, and she is a P.A., so I asked her if the antibiotic I am taking for my finger would also work against a strep infection, if I did indeed have one. She said yes, so I'm not worried about me at this point. It was such a blessing that Karen called, because I had been wondering who I could call and ask that question to!

As it turns out, Luke, Caleb, and Anna were all positive for strep, and Anna also has an ear infection. Jonathan was sad that he didn't need any medicine--feeling a little left out, LOL. Hopefully now that they all are on antibiotics, everyone will start really getting better.

My finger is still very red, swollen, and painful. There definitely hasn't been any improvement, and I would actually say it is worse, as it seems like it is swollen further down my finger now. I have no fingerprints because it's so swollen! I can't stand to have it touch anything, which makes it hard to keep with with dishes and the massive amounts of laundry that we produce. Since I am allergic to penicillin and am also nursing, there aren't a whole lot of antibiotic choices for me. I know the sulpha drugs are slower-acting, but I am really ready for some improvement here! The nights are the worse because it just throbs, and I can't let the sheet or pillow touch it. Maybe tomorrow it will be better . . .

Tomorrow will be better, since Bob gets home then! He is supposed to land at 4:00. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. looks like you have had quite a week. Praying for you and your family to get well.

Lisa

Tonya said...

Eric tried to reach Bob today to tell him to come home today, but couldn't get him on the phone (who knows why, I never ask those questions). Sorry! He tried! He then thought Bob was maybe just on his way home today. Oh, I'm so sorry, I know this week has been very long for you all. How is Bob feeling?