Saturday, March 08, 2008

Laundry Inspiration

Bob made it back safely yesterday! Yay! This morning he has taken the 4 boys plus Anna first to the Lowes kids' project class at 10:00, and then on to Nathan's last basketball game at noon. After that, they may go out to eat. I am here enjoying the quiet while Grace naps and attempting to make headway in the huge backlog of laundry that has built up over the last week. Then I basically was just washing towels and washclothes, and that was all I could handle, LOL. So I thought this was the perfect time to share the inspirational laundry mountain speech from Lord of the Rings--don't you remember that? I got it from someone on the Well-Trained Mind board awhile back . . .

Aragorn's Laundry Mountain Speech

"I see in your eyes the same mountain that would take the heart of me. A day may come when this laundry pile of mine overwhelms me, when I forsake clean towels and break all scoops of soap, but it is not this day. An hour of soiled shirts and dirty pants, when the laundry room comes crashing down, but it is not this day. Today, I fold! For all of the children in my house, and for my dear husband too, I tell you I will sit, and fold my laundry!"

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

It doesn't sound like you have lost your sense of humor through this ordeal! :) I'm glad.

I'm also glad Bob is finally home! So glad the kids could go with him giving you and Grace a respite, even though it was filled with laundry. I much prefer to do laundry when no one is around. I wonder why?