Monday, March 10, 2008

Deja Vu All Over Again

We had a lovely weekend. We enjoyed going back to church yesterday, and our pastor preached an excellent sermon on suffering from the book of Habbakuk. (I think you can go to that link and download it if you want to listen.) He's in the midst a series overviewing the minor prophets. We had a relaxing afternoon, and we didn't go back for evening service because we were just all still tired and recovering. But it was a refreshing day . . .

And then at bedtime, we noticed that Jonathan had a big piece of gunk in the corner of his left eye . . . . . . . . Sigh. I really couldn't believe it. At least we already have antibiotic ointment for eyes, so we put that on last night. This morning I washed all his and Caleb's sheets and pillowcases again. He won't be able to go to co-op tomorrow, and I really am hoping I don't have to move my pilates class again on Thursday. The people in the office are really going to think I am totally just afraid of the class--I mean, what kind of a family could possibly have pinkeye for 3 Thursdays in a row?!

4 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Oh no!! Say it ain't so!

Claire, this is beginning to remind me of our 3 months of continually being reinfected with strep throat when Pilot was about 3 yrs old. Oh my! Just as we would all be getting over it one of us would come down with it again. It was not a pleasant time at all. Turns out I was a carrier. They had to swab up my nose. It was hiding in my sinus' someplace. Eventually we all got well...Praise the Lord!!!

We are praying for you!

On a side note, at least Jonathan will get to have some "medicine." ;)

Tonya said...

You guys just can't get ahead here! I hope everyone else is on the mend.

Eric left TDY Sunday afternoon. Sunday night I started sneezing and had a scratchy throat. By yesterday morning, full blown cold. How is that? At least I have the perspective of your week last week. :-) It's only me sick and it's only a cold. Of course, that still means the house is a disaster and school went poorly yesterday. :-)

The Nowlin Family said...

Hello Claire,
We've been praying for you! We've avoided the pink eye thus far but the children have been passing colds/flu back and forth for quite some time now. No stomach stuff though - whew! Loved the laundry post! Let's try to get together soon - I'll contact you when you're feeling better. That's the last thing you need to be worrying about right now. Love from all the Nowlins

Anonymous said...

Hello Claire! Wow...you guys have been through the wringer! I surely hope things get easier and better. Your poor finger!