Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Quick Question . . .

Has anyone ordered pictures from Snapfish?

Usually we get ours printed from Sams, but I had a bad experience there today, so I'm looking at other options. I uploaded 15 pictures last night to Sams and ordered them printed with the 1-hour option so I could pick them up today. Usually I choose the 2-3 day option, which means they are sent away for processing. I'm not sure if that is the difference. Anyhow, when I picked them up today, the pictures were not good at all! The bottom part of them was cut off! It was really obvious because you can just see the top part of the date stamp, but you can tell from the pictures themselves that they are totally off (people's heads are cut off, the bottom of cakes are missing, etc.). So I went back by myself tonight to see if they could correct that, but the guy showed me their computer screen, and the pictures looked exactly like his screen. He said he could only print off what his screen showed. The thing is, MY screen doesn't look like that--all the pictures look perfectly normal, even when I go back and look at them in the album on samsclub.com! So I'm not sure what the deal is, but I am definitely not happy.

Any other options out there?

9 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

I've ordered prints from Snapfish before when Dan has used them. Several times in fact. I was pleased. The pics arrived at home fast, and cheap. :)

Tonya said...

Snapfish is great.

Anonymous said...

I like York, but have also used others I cannot remember right now...

I like the online options... never leave home and usually you can find a deal or a coupon.

witw said...

We have ordered prints from Snapfish several times. You can also have them printed at Wal-greens and pick them up there, which should be faster (and probably cheaper?) Mel is usually the one who does the ordering, but I'm guessing you pay some kind of shipping for having them mailed to your house that you don't have to pay at Wal-greens.

Meg said...

I ordered photo books from snap fish and they were great! The books are so perfect, their service was wonderful (they gave me massive discounts on the 5 books I ordered) and the price was cheap. I totally recommend them!

Anonymous said...

I've used Snapfish, Walgreens, Walmart, and wink.com - all have been great!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I need to edit my link. It's winkflash.com, not wink.com.

ElizabethB said...

I order from both snapfish and kodak ofoto (works better with our mac, but I like the snapfish calendars better.) Digital pictures are slightly different size than "real" pictures. One or both of snapfish and/or ofoto has an option of getting the pictures the exact same size of the digital. It fits in most albums, not not some, but is good for pictures where something important is on the top or bottom. You should be able to preview what your actual picture will look like at both websites.

Good Luck!

If you want to know more, let me know, I can look up my passwords and figure out which service lets you get actual sized pictures.

Joy said...

I use dotphoto for all of my pictures and am always pleased.