Sunday, March 02, 2008

Weekend Update

First, the fun part of the weekend--I went to a girls' sleepover Friday night! Four of the ladies in my Tuesday evening Bible study were going to a ladies' retreat at a big church not too far from us. The retreat was Friday night and Saturday, so Elizabeth decided to have a sleepover on Friday night. She also invited the women from our couples' Friday night OCF study. I decided I wasn't up to a big conference, but the sleepover sounded fun. Christine and Dawn, 2 women from the Friday night study, also just slept over.

I got to Elizabeth's house a little before 7:00. I was the first one there, and it was so nice and quiet. Ahhhhhhh. I brought some scrapbooking stuff and actually finished several pages before Christine and then Dawn came. We snacked on chips and dip (using Amy's good recipe, which was a hit) and talked.

The other women came back from the conference aaround 10:00, and then we brought out the rest of the snacks--a trifle, brownies, veggies and dip, strawberries and chocolate fondue . . . yeah, we were living it up, LOL! We talked and laughed for awhile, culminating in the decision to play the game where everyone tells 3 statements about themselves, 2 true and 1 false. THat was a lot of fun, although I was battling this head cold and had a stuffy head. I could not think if ANYTHING remotely interesting to lie about. I went last, and hemmed and hawed around for awhile. Eventually I came up with 3 things, but they weren't my best work. I went to bed at 12:15, and others stayed up and watched a movie until 2:30. I enjoyed an uninterrupted night of sleep until 8:20 or so, when I realized I'd better get up if I wanted to say goodbye to Elizabeth, since the conference was starting up again at 9:00! Dawn, Christine, and I had a leisurely breakfast, including Elizabeth's homemade cinnamon rolls, and then Christine and I stayed and talked until 11:30, when I realized I needed to get home before Nathan's basketball game!

Back at home, Bob was dealing with more sickness. Caleb and Grace still have pinkeye, although it hasn't been a very gunky, nasty deal. But every morning, they wake up with their eyes matted shut, and each one has had the virus spread to their other eye. Nathan also was running a fever when he got up Saturday. We gave him some Motrin, but still sent him to his game, since the season is almost done, and he really wanted to play. He even scored, so he was very happy he didn't miss!

My eye has also been bothering me, so I guess I have pinkeye as well. It mainly bugs me at night, when it waters and gets a little gunky, but it's not too bad. This cold I have is another story, however. I have a stuffy head and a sore throat, and naturally Bob is going TDY next week for the whole week. Oh well, we'll survive. He let me just stay in bed this morning, in an attempt to fight it. Anna woke up with her eye gunky, as did Nathan, who is still running a fever, so needless to say, we did not make it to church. I'm sure everyone there will be thrilled when they find out we did not expose them to all our various diseases and plagues, LOL.

Bob's not feeling 100% either, so we're praying he doesn't get sick during the TDY. Maybe getting away from this house o' germs will be just what the doctor ordered! We really haven't been sick at all this winter, so I guess we are due.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Yuck. TDY, and sick mom and kids. Doesn't that mean less school work this week? :-) For me that usually means less regular work, more books and videos. An attempt at educational videos when I feel up to it! I will keep you guys in my prayers!

Eric & Bob seem to trade weeks out of town. Eric was TDY last week and will be again next week! :-)

Johanna said...

I feel so bad for you with the crud running through the house. At least it sounds like you had a pretty restful and enjoyable weekend before Bob goes out of town.
Thankfully, we have had no sickness in the house.

Anonymous said...

9 out of ten at our house are throwing up... be glad it's just pinkeye?