Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Answering Questions

A couple weeks ago Kate over at Under the Sky posted some interview questions, and my Aunt Claire answered them on her blog. I was going to answer them too, but then we all got sick, and you know how that goes--pretty much nothing got done. But I was reading her (Kate's) blog again tonight and was reminded, so I figured "Hey, better late than never!"

1. What two fiction books have affected your life in such a way as to make a difference? This was really hard. I actually still can only come up with one that I would say has changed my life. That is This Present Darkness, by Frank Peretti. It totally changed how I pray, and in the last year, as I've prayed for Iraq and our soldiers, I see images from that book as I think about the spiritual battles going on it that part of the world. As for another one, I just can't think of one. It makes me wish I journaled, but surely if there was another, I'd remember it, right? The last involving fiction book I read was The Time-Traveler's Wife. It was very interesting and well-written, I thought, with a unique and well-executed plot device. But the characters are definitely not Christians, so don't read it, expecting them to act as thought they were! And I don't think it changed my life in any way either. : )

2. If you could transport yourself into any particular time period, but had to stay there forever with your family, where would you go, and what kind of person would you be? Hmm, one person on Kate's blog said "To Pride and Prejudice land", and that is certainly a favorite time period of mine! But I think I'd like to go back to an earlier part in American history. I don't want to be a pioneer girl, dealing with Indians and such, but I always wonder what our country looked like before it got so "crowded", and I'd like to be a little more self-sufficient. So maybe living in a small town in the 1870's, a little back from the frontier.

3. What is one thing that most people do not know about you? I wish I'd gotten my master's degree when we moved to Colorado instead of not working and basically just waiting to get pregnant (of course, who knew that would take over a year?) Also, I hate taking baths. We have a really nice soaking tub in this house, and whenever people see it, they always comment on how I must enjoy it, and since I'm a non-confrontational person, I always just smile and nod. But in fact I have never used and don't really plan to. Being wet doesn't relax me! Now Bob on the other hand . . . he's used it several times already. There, something you might not have known about Bob too! : )

4. If you could make a public announcement for everyone to hear, what would you say? Children are a blessing from God! If you're going to complain about them all the time and talk about how you can't stand to be with them, then why did you go to the trouble of having them?! Enjoy your children!

5. Why do you blog? Mainly to keep my family caught up. My aunt and brother also blog, and since we are all quite spread out, this really has helped keep us all updated on each other's lives and thoughts. And it's a fun way to collect my thoughts at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thanks for letting me know! I would have liked to have lived in America's earliest days too - such an interesting time!

I don't like baths much either!

:-)
Kate