Monday, March 14, 2005

Fine Cuisine

Bob and Nathan are at Bible Study Fellowship tonight, so I decided that the rest of us would just have chicken fingers, a can of baked beans, and a can of peas for dinner. This announcement was greeted by cheers of surprise and delight by the boys currently here. More excitement was generated as I brought this fabulous repast over to the table. Everyone had thirds, and some even fourths, of everything, leading Luke to comment that this was my best meal. Which makes me wonder why exactly I go to so much trouble to cook! : ) I get this same response when we have macaroni and cheese with tuna, and also fish sticks. Now I guess you could argue that if we had these kinds of food all the time, they wouldn't be special, and no one would make such a big deal out of them, but it is rather unmotivating to contemplate some time-consuming from-scratch meal when one gets rave reviews just by heating frozen chicken and cans of beans and peas up! LOL!

2 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Oh, too funny, Claire! It reminds me of when James asked (after a month of my introducing new recipes), "When are you going to cook some REGULAR food again, Mom?"

Pilot Mom said...

Me thinks you must be very busy getting "caught" up since being sick, or you must still be having to take it easy and not over do, or a combo of both since we haven't heard much from you all! I do hope you are feeling better. And, that Jonathan is doing better, is he? Love, AC