Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Eggs and Things that Grow

Last night, Luke begged that we get some more of the plastic Easter eggs so they could hide them, then find them with each other. We got them a new dozen and you would think Heaven opened! Since the ones we found had candy (and others had baubles) in them, the boys only opened 4 of the new 12--the excitement should build for the rest of the week. Setting the tone, the boys couldn't find the lst 2 eggs. Asking me to help, I told them they couldn't have any new eggs in the coming days until all of these were found. After groans, they "appreciated" my help and got back to successfully completing the task at hand quickly.
Claire mentioned the mini-garden. So far, the plants have taken off. In a 6 x 6 grid, there is a row of watermelon, peppers, tomatoes, 2 rows of beans, and a miss-matched row consisting of 1 sq of apple seeds (from one Nathan ate), 2 of cantalopes, and 3 of cucumbers. I think we will not be able to wait the recommended 4-5 weeks before transplanting most of them in planters on the deck. Thinking of the beans, I'm reminded of our last garden--in Ohio. After taxes are done, I will be adding some 1 x 2's to a planter to convert it for the string beans. Hopefully, all will go okay--in fact, however, I am kind of already planning on getting a couple cherry/grape tomato plants in a few weeks since all of the ones we started are for full size tomatoes (Hmm...I can almost smell the hamburgers that will need a thick slice of our "best tomato of the day"), and the smaller ones are for different purposes--I like these in salads. Slighting No One Else's Beliefs, I'm "In Christ, Bob"

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

Great to hear from the other half of the Psalm 127 team! I think you should venture out into 'blogdom' more often! :)

Sounds like you have a great start on your garden! You made my mouth water for tomatoes and hamburgers! Yumm!