Monday, February 13, 2006

Finally!

I have been wanting to post, but I couldn't get logged in here at my parents' house. I finally realized today that I had the wrong username, so hopefully now the problem is solved . . .

We had an uneventful drive out, although our "check engine" light came back on again. Thursday morning Bob and I went over to AutoZone to see what the code was reading. It said we had a faulty oxygen sensor, which is a $100 part. Quite a difference from replacing the whole darned catalytic converter at about $1,000! So we ordered the new part, and Bob will hopefully be able to change that out when he flies back in next Saturday. We have not totally decided that the Honda dealer back in D.C. was out to cheat us, but if it does indeed only turn out to only be an oxygen sensor (which they did not even mention in their estimate), then we will be pretty unhappy with them and certainly never go back! More on this story later.

Amy and I had such a great "Moms' Get-Away" in Columbus Friday and Saturday. We left here around 3:00 and drove straight to the Easton shopping center, one of those ritzy outdoor shopping centers. We wandered around Barnes and Noble, and then we decided we would eat an early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. I had a delicious burrito (with lots of sour cream and guacamole, my pregnancy cravings). We were done about 6:00, and by then there was a tremendous wait, so we made the right choice there. plus, it gave us enough time to walk off dinner so we could come back later and have dessert! We walked about 2 hours. We really didn't buy anything, but it was fun just to look and talk. We came back and ate dessert at the Cheesecake Factory around 8:30. We got a slice of coffee Heathbar crunch cheesecake, and a slice of Snickers cheesecake. YUM! I personally liked the coffee one better because the Snickers one was not a "chocolate" cheesecake, which I prefer. Still good though! It's a good thing we did all that walking! We went to our hotel and watched the Olympic opening ceremony while calling home to check up on everyone. Saturday we slept in, ate breakfast, and then went back to the shopping center because I really wanted to check out "the Container Store". What a great store! All I need is tons of money and little containers, and I know my life would be perfectly organized! LOL! I did buy a nice big plastic pouring container for the honey nut cheerio bags we buy at Sams. We drove back here around lunchtime, had the soup and salad at Olive Garden for lunch, and then went to Kohls and Once Upon a Child before going home. I found a few cute girl things at Once Upon a Child. It's easier for me to buy used girl clothing, I guess, since I know there is no way we will be getting the use out of girls' clothes that we have gotten out of our boys' clothes! Meanwhile, everyone survived at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Jonathan is calling me his "new mommy" for some reason now. Maybe it's because I now look so rested and relaxed! LOL! Anyhow, it was a great birthday present from Amy to do this with her, and we had a great time.

1 comment:

witw said...

My Jetta would randomly would have the check engine light on and it ended being an oxygen sensor was out. I wish it only costed $100.00 to replace! Mel