Thursday, February 16, 2006

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Well, blogging just hasn't been a big priority lately, but I want everyone to know we're having a great visit! And I also wanted to say that I had a great Valentine's Day too! I was surprised to find a card from the boys when I got up for breakfast on Tuesday. It turns out Grandpa took Nathan and Luke to Meijers on Saturday while I was in Columbus so they could pick one out! Looking back, Nathan was dropping big hints that he had been to Meijers before Monday, specifically in the card section, but my pregnancy-addled brain was NOT picking up on them then! LOL!

The boys and I went off to ladies' Bible study at Faircreek. It was wonderful to see all those women again. I really miss that fellowship in Virginia. Then we drove over to Amy's house to have lunch and play. When we were almost there, my cell phone rang, and it was Mom telling me that I had a delivery of flowers from Bob! What a huge surprise! She put them in water and a vase for me. They're really opening up beautifully--red, pink, and white roses, as well as baby's breath. Funny story--last night Amy was over here while the older boys were at AWANA, and she was pointing to each color rose while Jonathan said the color name. He got red and white just fine, but when it came to pink, he was stumped and finally had to answer "I don't know". LOL--that shows how much pink we have around the house, since I am definitely NOT a "pink" person, but I have a feeling he will be much better acquainted with that particular color by next Valentine's Day, if this baby does indeed turn out to be a girl!

We stayed over at Amy's for the rest of the day so the boys could play with Zachary after he got home from school. He got a new Playmobil castle for Christmas, which was a big hit. It was also nice enough for everyone to play outside for a little while and run off some steam. All 6 boys got along very well, although it did get a little loud at times! Now Caleb and Jonathan ask every day if we are going back over to Aunt Amy's house.

Just 2 more days until Bob flies back in! This afternoon Dad and I are judging the middle school science fair. It's been awhile since I've judged one, so that should be fun. I'm sure I will win the prize for "most pregnant judge"! : )

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, there are other colors for girls besides pink. I mean, I know you got the boy thing down but...
So glad you had a wonderful St. Valentines Day. I still can't believe my Nathan is 8 1/2!!
Hi to all, love you! P

witw said...

research show that having a girl can cloud your brain!! Yes, next year you will have a girl and there will be lots of pink!! mel

witw said...

research show that having a girl can cloud your brain!! Yes, next year you will have a girl and there will be lots of pink!! mel

Dy said...

I am so enjoying your updates from vacation! Glad you're enjoying your time with loved ones, and am super excited for you to see Bob again! YAY!!

Dy

Dy said...

Oh, and on the pink-thing... might want to hold off on purchasing too much before she's born. We've discovered that pink makes Miss Emily look spotty. It's not her color! LOL! Yellow, for her, is a much better choice. :-) (Who'd a guessed?)

Dy

Bob and Claire said...

Yes, there are definitely other colors for girls that I prefer to pink! I like the lavender stuff--Carter's has some cute stuff. Little girls in denim are cute too . . . I doubt we'll be drowning in bubble-gum pink! LOL!