Monday, February 06, 2006

Why now?!!

We went to the library this afternoon to drop off all our books and get some new books on tape for the trip Wednesday, and as we drove home, I noticed that the "check engine" light was on in the van. Ack! And since the big field trip is tomorrow until 12:30, that leaves a pretty limited time frame for it to be looked at! We have an appointment at the Honda dealership tomorrow afternoon at 2:00--please pray that there is really nothing wrong!!

We had a good time last night. We ate chili over at the L's house and then watched the first 3 quarters of the Super Bowl there. (Then Jonathan sort of melted down, so we had to come back to put Caleb and him down and watch the rest here!) Everyone here was plenty excited about the Steelers' win, although I am sure that if we were Seahawks fans, we would be mad about the officiating. Whether or not they were acurate calls, there were several that were pretty darn close and could have gone either way, and I'm sure the Seahawks fans feel plenty justified in their anger! We started watching some ice skating during the halftime show, but we did turn back to see a few minutes of the Rolling Stones. We laughed heartily. Has there ever been an uglier group of humanity assembled in one place?! I don't think so! And the way they dance! It was so ridiculous! I can't believe they ever were popular, and it is mind-boggling to think that they still are. At the very least, it is enough to scare one away from a life of smoking, drinking, and chasing women. If that is what you look like after living that way . . . I swear they all look pickled.

Alright, I am going to get busy now and pack. I've done all the laundry, so I'm ready!

1 comment:

Dy said...

Oh, I hope it's nothing. Ours comes on b/c our exhaust system is aftermarket and the chip can't read it right, so I've come to ignore it as long as the gauges are okay. The last umpteen hundred codes were exhaust codes. May yours be something as simple and benign!!

Dy