Saturday, February 25, 2006

Pregnancy Woes

I just haven't been very faithful about blogging lately. I'm going to blame it all on pregnancy--I feel big and uncomfortable, my back and pelvis are starting to get achy--you know the drill. Four weeks to go, and I'm not motivated to get anything done, not even blogging! Frankly, napping and reading brainless books are about all that appeal to me right now. Could someone just make the world go away please?! LOL!

There have been some postive developments around here. We have purchased a new refrigerator from Lowes, and we even got 10% off, thanks to Bob's good memory and lack of hesitation to speak up about bad service. When our garbage disposal broke back in December, we bought our new one at Lowes, and there was some problem with the register. It wouldn't print out a receipt, and the cashier wasn't too worried about it or helpful, so Bob asked to speak to the manager. His name was Danny, and after getting everything straightened out, he told Bob that the next time he needed something at Lowes, that he (Danny) would give him 10% off. So Bob called Lowes on Thursday, and Danny was on duty. Bob reminded him of what he had said, and Danny came through with the discount. Thank you, Lord! So we didn't end up with the cheapest model after all. Actually, we haven't ended up with anything yet--the one we picked out is of course out of stock. We should get it maybe Wednesday. It will be a nice change of pace to not have to step out to the garage every time you want ice or butter!

We celebrated Luke's 7th birthday at Bible study on Friday, although the actual day is Monday. He wanted a bomber for his cake, so I made a B-2 stealth cake. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself, and there were lots of jokes about how you couldn't even see it. LOL! Monday, Luke has requested for his special dinner what we call "sausage roll"--it is puff pastry filled with a sausage/dressing mixture. It's good, and a real favorite of the boys'. He has had several celebrations of his birthday already, since we also went out to Olive Garden with my parents while we were home to celebrate there! I think he takes after his aunt by knowing how to stretch out a birthday!

3 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

That's my boy! You show them how to do birthdays up right! :)

Claire, I would love the recipe for these sausage things. Would that be asking too much? :)

Beverly said...

I too would love the recipe! Do share! :-)

Unknown said...

Say Happy Birthday to Luke for us!!