Monday, February 13, 2006

What can you get for a penny?

Well, at Meijer (a super-Walmart-like store), you can get a horsey-ride! For a penny! It's truly one of the last great bargains of our modern times. The boys always want to ride the little cars, horses, etc. outside of the Walmart back in Virginia, but those cost the kingly ransom of $.50, so I always pass and tell them that when we go to Grandma's house, we can ride the penny horse at Meijer. Today was that day, and everyone had a great ride. Jonathan was thrilled to actually "be" the Lone Ranger (no, that phase hasn't passed yet). Caleb was a little scared, but after Luke and Jonathan had theier turns, he decided it must really be fun after all. I thought Nathan, at the ripely mature age of 8 1/2, might deem himself too old for such amusements, but no--he rode last and enjoyed it just as much as his brothers. I'm glad he isn't too grown-up for horsey rides yet!

1 comment:

sisterscooby said...

I have had to password encode my blog - if you are still interested in reading, please email me with your blog address and I will send you the password. Thanks!

aptghomeschool@hotmail.com