Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Wow, another birthday for me! For all those who have sent me cards or wished me a happy birthday, thank you very much! I did have a very nice day! My friend Johanna came with her 3 boys after her midwife appointment, and they played here the whole afternoon while Johanna and I visited. My boys had such a great time. Johanna and I went to high school together, and it is so fun to still be in touch with her and realize how much we have in common!

My parents drove in from Ohio this afternoon in time for dinner. What a wonderful birthday present! But wait--it gets better! Tomorrow night Bob and I are going away while they watch the kids--all 6 of them! I was trying to remember the last time Bob and I were able to spend the night away from the kids, and I think it was when we went up to Amish country with Amy and Jason back when I was 35 weeks pregnant with Jonathan. So I guess you could say we are due for another night away! I am so looking forward to a night of uninterrupted sleep, and a morning of sleeping in. Although our issues of the past few months seem to have resolved themselves, there are still times when Grace wakes up earlier than ideal, or someone else has some other personal problem. Hopefully I can get all the recharging I need out of one night away, LOL!

After a spaghetti dinner tonight, we all had ice cream to celebrate (remember, cake is not my thing). It was a great birthday, and I'm looking forward to a great birthday weekend as well!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday, Claire! Hope you're day was great.

Pilot Mom said...

The Happiest of Birthdays to you, Claire! :) Enjoy your night away!

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy that night away. And the extra sleep. I'm feeling some serious envy here. :-)