Saturday, February 23, 2008

Working Together

The boys had a good time working together to make these kits from Lowes. We got them from Chik-Fil-A, where we went for dinner Thursday evening. Thursday night is Family Night there, and that night they had someone from Lowes helping kids make things. We didn't make the stuff there, but we took home 4 kits. The boys made 2 flower pot holders (what you see in the picture), as well as a picture frame and a desk calendar holder.

And here you can see what the girls accomplish when they work together. In our coffee table, we have a basket which holds ziploc baggies of all our various card games. Monday night, the night before the appraisal so we can refinance, when I was frantically running around trying to make sure all the last-minute cleaning was done, Anna opened all of these baggies and dumped them out. Grace thought that was a great idea, and she helped by flinging all the cards all over the place, so that they were good and messed up. Note my very disgruntled expression. It took me quite a long time to sort out all those decks of cards. Our kids all work so well together! LOL

4 comments:

Beverly said...

Tee hee! Our girls (the small ones, that is) should get together. Kenna, Grace, and Anna would be a 3-girl wrecking crew!

Anonymous said...

Two are better than one, after all! :)

So nice to have you drop by my blog, Claire! Get me your e-mail. I am always thrilled to get back in touch with old friends.

Anonymous said...

So glad I'm not the only one whose kids love to do that. What is it about dumping lots of little things that is soooooo irresistable? You're expression is perfectly priceless! What a great MOM!! Love the boys' project...little men.

Dy said...

You know, I think when it's time to leave this home, we're just going to walk the streets until we find a nice family who needs it, and we'll give it to them. I can't imagine keeping the house "company ready" for inspections, appraisers, etc. Nope. You're my hero, disgruntled expression and all! (I hope the appraisal went well!)

Dy