Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, LUKE!!!

Luke is 9 years old today!! We're going to celebrate with ice cream tonight, and then we'll bring a cake to Bible study next Friday, since we don't have Bible study this Friday. For his birthday dinner, Luke has requested . . . (be prepared for a gourmet dinner menu) . . . tuna and noodles. Yes, that's right! Out of my whole repetoire, he selected a meal that I make when I am totally rushed for time. It's out of a box (well, lots of boxes, LOL). Sigh. Caleb did a similar thing on his last birthday. I'm not sure why I bother with more elaborate meals, LOL. Oh well, anything for the birthday boy.

Of all my kids, Luke so far is the most like me in personality. The things that bother me about him are weaknesses of my own! He is still really shy, but this year has been a year of growth for him. He conquered his fear of riding horses, as well as climbed all the way up the rock-climbing wall at White Sulphur Springs this past Fall. I've seen him become more comfortable in his class at co-op, and he was a very confidant soccer player during the season. Who knows what this next year will bring?!

It's so nice to have another detail person in the house. Luke is my go-to man whenever something is missing. It is wonderful to have another set of eyes to help! Believe me, so far no one else in the house really gets all that concerned when things are missing--not anywhere near as concerned as I always get! He is a great big brother for the girls too. He loves to get Anna and Grace up from their naps. He is Anna's car buddy, and he is a tremendous help there, keeping her entertained.

Luke is such a blessing to our family. I am so glad God put him in our family 9 years ago, and I'm especially thankful for the Lord's care and mercy during his first few days of life, which were scary.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Happy birthday, Luke! Wow, he is looking so grown up!

Pilot Mom said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Luke!!! We love you and can hardly wait to see you and the rest of your siblings in May! :) Love, AC & UJ

Dy said...

Happy Birthday, Luke!

Nine is such an amazing age, isn't it? They grow and mature so much that year... *wistful sniffle*

Love the birthday dinner. We do the same thing, here, and their choices always make me smile. :-)

Dy