Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I was the recipient of not one but 7 Valentine balloons, one from each child plus Bob! We had a really nice dinner here at home. Bob grilled steaks in the kitchen. Our cooktop has a grill attachment, which we've never before actually used. To our surprise, it worked really well, and the steaks turned out great! (We were so surprised because 2 of the burners don't work so well, and the cooktop is about 15 years old--we figured something like the grill would for sure not work!) We also had baked potatoes, steamed broccoli, and heart-shaped sweet potato biscuits, with heart-shaped rice krispie treats for dessert.

We ate this grand feast on fancy paper plates because we are still without a dishwasher. Bob bought one from Sears tonight while Nathan was at basketball practice, but it won't be in stock and ready for us to pick up until next Saturday (as in Feb. 23 just to clarify). So in the meantime we'll stick with paper plates. I know, I know--we're just like the pioneers . . . roughing it. Actually it hasn't been too bad. The boys have been good about rinsing cereal bowls, etc. out really well and just reusing them. We use these plastic bowls with built-in straws from WalMart, and each child has their own color. That makes it easy to keep track of!

I hope you all had good Valentine's Days with your sweeties!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Claire,
Sounds like you had nice day! Phil brought me an arrangement of flowers and then we went to an American steak and rib place (Tony Roma's) for dinner. Nothing says I love you like barbecued ribs! :)

Anonymous said...

Yummm! Steak! Great to catch up with you, Claire! I'm here at blogspot now, so pop over and visit my new site...we're "neighbors" now!
Christa

Beverly said...

OK, I am pressed for time so will squish all of my comments right into this post, LOL! First of all, hooray for relief from chronic pain. I am thrilled for you and hope that you continue to find relief.

Second, what a doll baby little Grace is!! I laugh because Kenna is similar in so many ways. I too try to teach climbing backwards down the stairs, because the sooner she masters that skill, the better life is for all of us. The older kids have definitely rescued her more times than I would like to admit (what kind of mother leaves her baby to climb up stairs unattended, anyway?!). Unfortunately, Kenna thinks that when she is facing up the stairs, she needs to GO up the stairs, so this skill may take awhile...

Reptile Man--interesting! My kids would love that. I'm with you, though...let's move on to the next unit!!

Glad you had a good V-Day!! I will have to post some pics and update my blog sometime this weekend.