Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In other news . . .

Well, the only thing marring Luke's birthday celebration is the fact that Caleb has come down with pink eye. Ack!!! He came in this morning saying, "Hey, Mom, my eye is all gunky!" Words to strike fear in any mom's heart, especially one with lots of kids. Sigh. I'm pretty sure it is viral, not bacterial, so there's no point in going in to see anyone. We've instituted strict handwashing protocols, but it will still take a miracle for everyone else to escape unscathed.

The other problem with this little outbreak is that we spent yesterday morning at our homeschool co-op, and yesterday afternoon over at Johanna's house. Johanna has 3 boys and is about 35 weeks pregnant with a little girl. And her husband is deployed. I brought her a gift of dinner . . . and I am hoping and praying we didn't inadvertantly bring her a very unwelcome gift of pinkeye!!! (I'm so sorry, Johanna--Caleb was fine yesterday! I had no reason to think this was coming at all!!!)

One reason we went over to Johanna's was so that I could borrow her pilates DVD. I was supposed to take that class tomorrow at lunch time. Well, I've rescheduled that for next Thursday. That will give me some more time to figure this pilates stuff out, LOL. We all did the abs workout last night, and let me tell you, that was a riot! It was a little embarrassing to realize that although you once used to be able to do things like roll yourself up to sitting, there is no way that you currently can do that without a good deal of reaching and grunting, LOL. Definitely not with grace, like the lovely teacher, who has probably not had one pregnancy in her life, not that I am resentful of her perfect abs or anything, LOL. Who knew my midsection was so incredibly weak?! I really was surprised. No wonder my pelvis shifted out of place! It's a wonder it didn't just fall out altogether! So now I have a week to improve before facing a class situation . . . I'm off to the basement right now to do some more. Nothing like being in front of a group for motivation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you nursing? A bit of Mama's milk squirted in the eye works fast. But for those embarrased boys, (I have a post somewhere on my blog about this happenin last year) a tea bag as hot as they can stand helps keep it out too. Chamomile is very soothing, but I think any one would work. Raspberry turns the face red. Josiah learned that the hard way! Haha. Here's the link to my post on it... http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Petersonclan/293304/