Friday, February 01, 2008

Mama's Kind of Birthday Treat

I am not a cake person. I know, I know--I make all those elaborate cakes for the kids, but for me, I really don't love cake. So to celebrate my birthday, which is next week, I made something different to share at Bible study tonight:


. . . chocolate-covered strawberries. Mmmmmmmmmm. I double-dipped 2 1/2 quarts of strawberries this afternoon in the good, good chocolate that I use for my Christmas candies. I left the other 1/2 quart updipped so Caleb wouldn't feel left out. I did half in milk chocolate, and half in dark chocolate. Personally I thought the dark ones were the best, but some others at the study preferred the milk ones . Regardless, they were all VERY yummy, and they all disappeared in a very short amount of time. Good thing I had also brought some chocolate oatmeal walnut bars left over from a co-op moms meeting last night! I am thinking I will go for the chocolate-covered strawberries each year now. That sounds like a wonderful tradition to start, don't you agree?! Much less complicated and better tasting than elaborate Star Wars cakes!

8 comments:

Johanna said...

Chocolate covered strawberries sound so good.

Pilot Mom said...

Oh they are the BEST!!!

Happy Birthday a few days early!

Joy said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday and I think chocolate covered strawberries sound like a wonderful idea!

Dy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I love the idea of doing the berries. That's something I really love, but seldom make (probably b/c I'm usually busy making cakes for Other People).

I hope this year is a beautiful one for you. :-)
Dy

witw said...

Have a wonderful birthday. What are you and Bob doing for your special day? Melinda

mattkimuber said...

Happy Birthday!! I enjoyed getting caught up on the happenings of your home. It is, as always, an inspiration. Loved the blogs about a large family. Amelia is not even 3 months old and we are asked all the time if we are "done."

The Nowlin Family said...

Happy Birthday Claire! I enjoy reading your blog - God is glorified and I am encouraged
Joelyn

Beverly said...

Happy belated!! I agree--chocolate-covered strawberries are a touch of heaven on earth as far as I'm concerned. Mmmmm.