Thursday, May 25, 2006

Computer Complaints

Well, I thought I had the whole picture posting thing figured out, but as it turns out, I think I just got lucky the one time I tried it with only one picture. I've tried a bunch of times now to upload another picture for a new post, but I keep getting an error message that the website is not responding. Oh well, I'm still blaming my slow dial-up connection. Why not?!

You might wonder why we still are living in the dark ages of dial-up internet. It is because we are living in a neighborhood that time forgot. Yes, even though we are in high-tech Northern Virginia, we are in a small neighborhood (as opposed to the town-size neighborhood all around us), and somehow we got left out of whatever it is you need to get DSL or broadband. We could get cable internet, but since we don't have cable, and we have heard nothing but bad about the cable company (Adelphia), we never have. Ahh well, the unfairness of life, as I so frequently tell the boys in that annoying parent tone.

And as long as I am complaining about my computer, I still can not press enter and have a space appear when I am blogging. My cursor just disappears. If Anthony L. hadn't taken pity on me and told me how to do the html for a paragraph break, I would never be able to have any breaks in my posts! What is up with that?!

And now that I have wasted good time messing around on the computer and loudly complaining about my failures, I must go nurse again. Good night!

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

Claire, that happens to me too! So try this: when you go to press "enter" just press the "shift" key and hold it down while you hit "enter". See if that doesn't work. It happens to me all the time over at CCC!