Thursday, May 04, 2006



I can't believe Anna is over a month old now. Where does the time go?! You will notice that this picture is not a close-up of her. That is because "close-up" is no longer what we call her best angle. She has broken out with zits on her cheeks like a nervous teenager. Ahh, the loss of her sweet, girlish complexion. LOL! The reason for this breakout is that she spits up tons, and if she does that while napping, then she rolls around in it, irritating her face. And the reason that all happens is (whispering quietly) she sleeps on her tummy. I always feel like such a criminal when I admit that actually ALL of my kids have slept on their tummies. They hate being on their backs. Since I am such a rule-keeper, I always start out with the best of intentions, and they spend the first week or so on their back (or side, actually, since they REALLY don't like being on their backs, even at just a week!). But then as they get more vocal about it all, I let them go onto their tummies. When they spit up and are on their backs, they sputter and gasp, and frankly that scares me. Of course, I also worry about SIDS, and I fervently pray for their breathing and safety every time I put them down. But they're so much happier on their tummies, and they sleep so much better. Sigh. I do wait until they can lift up their heads and turn them by themselves. So there--my dirty secret is out.

In other news, Jonathan is still doing great with his pottytraining--no accidents at all yesterday! He's even been going on the big potty. Mom and Dad are getting ready to leave tomorrow. They're going back to Ohio by way of a wedding in South Carolina. It's just been so wonderful to have them here. Having my mom around every day to talk to, bounce ideas off of, do stuff with, etc. has just been great, and I'm going to miss her so much. The boys will be so sad too. The house will seem so empty! Empty--but not quiet, I'm sure. LOL!

1 comment:

Dy said...

Oh, dear, we must be kindred souls in some ways. ;-) Mine sleep on their tummies because, well, they WILL sleep on their tummies. On their backs, they will not. And no, swaddling will not convince them that they are somehow not on their backs.

She is beautiful, even with the wallowing in spit complexion. :-) Just beautiful. Miss Emily did that, too, and she paid the price for it. That other weird rash has cleared up, but now we've moved on to the neck-grunge. I wish my duster could collect stuff as well as her neck seems to! And just think, they don't care! :-)

The boys just went through the pictures on your blog with me - they're pretty excited that your three boys got a baby sister, too! And they think she is "oooo, pretty!"

Dy