Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"The Eagle Has Landed"

Well, I am done with the teaching part of my co-op responsibilities! Yay! Today we talked about the moon. The first part was about the physical moon--characteristics, phases, etc.--and the second part was about the space program to the moon. I always find that so interesting, so I love talking about that. We also have lots of little metal diecast figures of the space program (an Apollo capsule, the lunar module, a Saturn 5 rocket, etc.), and the kids really liked seeing and playing with those while I talked about them. Now hopefully they will all remember some part of what I said when we visit the museum next week!

One funny thing happened today while I was teaching the first graders. We were talking about the difference between our gravity and that of the moon, and I was bounding around the room to show how the astronauts walked on the moon. One little boy said in a surprised voice, "Hey! Are you having a BABY?!" LOL! I guess he never noticed before! Either that, or he just thought I was really fat! But since I carry straight out in front, like I stuck a big basketball under my shirt, people rarely don't notice anything! I laughed though. : )

I was so tired again after we got home, and I had a huge headache. After I put Jonathan down for his nap, I took the unheard-of step of actually putting on my fuzzy warm fleece nightshirt and crawling into bed for a nap, instead ofjust sleeping on the couch! It was nice, although my headache is still going strong. I think it's actually one of those atmospheric/pregnancy headaches, since it's been cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy all day, and very windy. Where's a barometer when I need one?! Actually, I think my head could be a barometer, since it seems to be reacting to changing atmospheric pressure!

After dinner tonight we watched half of "My Fair Lady" and had popcorn. I think the boys' favorite part is when they are dancing during "The Rain In Spain" song. They laugh so hard! The L's gave us a new popcorn popper for Christmas, and let me just interject here that we are absolutely loving it! It is tons bigger than our last one, so we only have to pop up one batch for us (6 quarts). It also has this neat stirrer bar thing, and it really does seem to work to keep the old maids to a minimum. Plus, the bowl is not cracked, like on our old one (which really is old--I think it came into the marriage with Bob too, so that makes it over 12 years old!). It all adds up to a much nicer movie-watching experience!

3 comments:

Dy said...

I want a fleece nightshirt!! That sounds sooo nice!

Hope your headache clears soon, and that the museum trip is a smashing success! WTG on the co-op. Oh, and that little boy's reaction is so cute. I loved reading that.

Dy

Unknown said...

That's Bill's all time favorite movie. My fav song is..."I could've danced all night."

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Hope your headache is better. You are not dehydrated are you? Or maybe you are carrying more fluid? How's your sugars been?

Bob and Claire said...

Pam, I'm feeling much better now. The headache was gone yesterday, which makes me definitely think it was atmospheric pressure-related. You know I drink TONS of water (all that good Colorado training!), and my sugars have been fine. I have my 32 week appt. tomorrow (Friday), so we'll see if anything is amiss there, but I feel fine now. : )