Sunday, January 08, 2006

A Few Random Thoughts

I haven't blogged lately, but that's just because, well, nothing exciting is happening. Pam tagged me again to answer a few questions, which I WILL do, but I just haven't yet. I'm a procrastinater after all, I guess! Here are some random thoughts:

1. We have been eating a terrible diet the past few days. I haven't cooked! We had grilled tortillas Saturday night for dinner and frozen pizzas Sunday--what is the world coming too?! Monday we will be back to our regularily scheduled dinners. Also our regularily scheduled exercise. (*Update: I actually started this post Sunday night, but just to let you know, yes, we had a perfectly normal, healthy dinner tonight. It was well-received. LOL! And I rode the bike for 20 minutes in the morning and rode the Gazelle-thing for 20 more this afternoon. Whew! Now I don't feel like such a slug!) I did have my glucose tolerance test on Friday. Maybe my terribly unhealthy diet is a suble rebellion against that. Hmm. I should know the results by the middle of the week.

2. I did some scrapbooking this weekend! Now I am only a year and 5 months behind! Wow! Thanks again to Pam for motivating me to get going again by sending me some pages that already had borders on them.

3. Bob's sister and her family came Friday night and spent the night. Bob got up early Saturday morning to take them to the airport. They made it onto their cruise boat, and they fly back Thursday. We had a great time staying up late and visiting with them. The cruise talk really put a bee in Bob's bonnet that he wanted to go on one too. Unfortunately the next year is pretty much out, since I'll be nursing a baby, but we're tentatively planning to go November 2007. Anyone else in? LOL! Nothing like planning ahead, I always say!

4. Nathan and Luke had dentists' appointments this afternoon. I had been concerned about one of Nathan's permanent teeth, his upper right incisor. It is really small. The x-ray showed that, in fact, it is really small. LOL! There's even a name for it, but since I didn't write it down, I can't remember it. The gist of it all is there is nothing to do now, but when Nathan is an adult, if it bothers him, he can get cosmetic dental surgery to build it up to a wider size. This is great news, because now I don't have to worry about seeing an orthodonist, dealing with United Concordia, etc. Yay!

5. Bob left this afternoon to drive up to his sister's house in PA. Her custody trial is tomorrow afternoon at 1:00. Please pray! Bob will drive back leaving early Wednesday morning.

I guess that's it for now!

6 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

I think we should make it a Family and Friends cruise in November 2007. We'll begin saving our pennies toward it. Will that put off everyone coming to our home for Christmas 2007? I thought I would give everyone time to recouperate from Christmas 2005 and 2007 would be Christmas in Utah. What do you say? Could we do Christmas here in UT in 2007 and then a spring cruise in 2008? More time to save that way...

Bob and Claire said...

LOL, works for me! I'm not so tied into November, seeing as how that is still hurricane season. But Bob's sister says the water is cold in January, so Bob didn't like that. Maybe March?! : )

Unknown said...

If you are going to the Caribbean in March, I can say from experience, that the Mexican Riviera is stunning at that time of the year and the water is the closest thing to paradise I have ever experienced. And who knows, maybe Bill and I will join you! Wouldn't that be hoot!

Pilot Mom said...

March is fine with us! Yes, wouldn't that be a hoot?! :) I'm liking it so far!

Bob and Claire said...

Wait, Aunt Claire! I FORGOT! We need someone to watch the kids, and we were going to fly you and Mom out!! But I'm sure that doesn't sound half as appealing as lounging on a beach in the sun, LOL! Hmm . . . if we go in March of 2017, then Nathan will be 19 . . . LOL!

Pilot Mom said...

Well, if you are going to fly BOTH of us out then I'm all for it! UJ and I will just do ours with your Mom and Dad at a different date! :)