Sunday, January 15, 2006

Most Practical Christmas Gift Award

Last night, the boys were down in the basement, watching TV. Bob was on the computer, and I was trying to figure out what I was going to teach for co-op on the couch. At around 8:15, our electricity went off, so Bob went down to rescue the boys, while I searched my brain for where a flashlight could be. Then I remembered that we had bought cheap little flashlights for all of us at WalMart to put in our stockings for Christmas! I had never opened mine, but had stuck it on top of the bookcase in the family room. Yes! It was still there! And with that meager light, we were able to find 4 of the other 5 little flashlights, plus the big rechargeable one that was in the van. So everyone had a flashlight, and everyone was happy. Since it was bedtime, everyone just got their pajamas on and went to bed, instead of staying up late and watching football. That made Mommy happy! The power came back on at 11:30, which woke me up since I could now see what lights I had missed turning out, as well as hear the TV in the basement. It's been windy today as well, but not so bad, so I don't think we'll need all our flashlight power tonight. Too bad, since I have located even another one! Ahh well, I am still amazed that we could find so many of those things when we needed them. Believe me, that rarely happens around here!

1 comment:

Dy said...

I can't believe the batteries weren't dead in all of them! LOL!
DY