Friday, January 20, 2006

Space Update

Well, for the 2 or 3 of you who are wondering, I got everything done last night for my space unit, and we were able to make the copies this afternoon. The price I paid--I went to bed at 1:30. Amy knows from college days that my brain pretty much shuts off after 11:00, so I was not all that productive after that time, and that is why it took me so long to finish! Actually, what happened is that I cut out all my beautiful timeline figures and realized that I made the Gemini, Apollo, and Saturn 5 rocket figures too big, and so all the figures did not fit on my timeline paper! Ack! In my befudled, tired state, I tried to figure out how to make our printer/copier shrink things down, but alas, I could not. Irrationally, I decided that the best thing to do was redraw them smaller right then. Yes! That was my brilliant solution! I finally got that done and the new ones copied onto the paper with the other figures (the ones that were small enough and already fit, LOL), and by that point in time, I never wanted to see anything dealing with space again. Fortunately, the boys all played and cooperated really well together this morning, and I slept in until 9:00.

At Office Depot we made a grand total of 421 copies--I told you I had done a lot of work! It took us over an hour to do so because Jonathan picked this afternoon to not obey in stores. So he thought it was hilarious to dart around display cases, creep around on his tummy, and generally make a nuisance of himself while I frantically tried to keep track of the mountain of copies piling up beside the copier. We actually had to go back out to the car after finishing the copies to "deal with issues", and then come back in to buy the rest of the stuff, like those little metal paper fasteners that you push through 2 pieces of paper and then the pieces will spin. We're using those both for a star project and a moon phase project. I'm happy to say that Jonathan was much more obedient after the intervention. LOL! I felt like a one-armed paper-hanger, though, and I'm sure anyone who saw me thought things like, "Oh, that poor overworked woman, with 4 wild Indians running around all the time!" Ahh well, keeps me humble. I can tell people that the boys are rarely in form like today, but I can tell they don't believe me! LOL!

2 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Gosh, I probably would have thought you were just another *Utahn* (ahem) if I were to have seen you! LOL!!! :P

Unknown said...

Ohhh, I'd love to hear the back story on that comment AC!!
Claire...Yup, been there a few times recently myself. I feel your pain sistah!

I bet those kids and parents will love the work you did!!

Way to go Claire!