Thursday, January 26, 2006

Quick Update

It's been a few days since I last blogged. Nothing exciting has happened, and well, I'm just more tired! I've been doing so well at exercising every morning, but the downside is I pretty much have to take a nap at about 1:30. Oh well.

Teaching went really well, but I sure was tired afterwards. First and second grade teachers have my utmost respect because I just don't think I would ever have the patience to deal with 20 or more wiggly little kids for a whole day! Three hours is plenty for me! The first graders took longer to do things, so I had activities we never even got to, but better too much than not enough! The second grade boys were pretty hyper, but everyone liked talking about stars, and things went well.

Now I am moving on to the moon for next week! I'm so glad I got all of my handouts done and copied off already, so that is all set. Now I need to make a big poster depicting the phases of the moon, as well as a far-off view of the earth and sun, with the moon in the different postitions. In fact, I should be doing that right now, but you see I always pick blogging over what I really should be doing! LOL! I don't actually have all that much time to get ready before Tuesday. Tonight I have a co-op moms' meeting. I enjoy getting together with the other ladies, especially when it involves dinner! Then tomorrow afternoon I am leaving for our church ladies' retreat, and I won't be back until Sunday afternoon. Yes, that means 3, maybe 4 nights that I don't have to cook! It's the little things that excite me most at this point. LOL! I am looking forward to the time away. I'm not sure what the speaker's topic will be, but the retreat last year was really good. I hope this one will be too.

That's about all that's happening around here. I'll post about the retreat when I get back!

No comments: