Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Long Day

We left the house at 9:30 and got back home at 4:15. What did we do? Well, Jonathan and Caleb both had doctors' appointments, we ate lunch at Wendy's, and we went to the commissary. And if you don't think that should be an almost 7 hour day out, then you obviously don't live in Northern Virginia!

Jonathan had what should have been his 2 year well-baby appointment, although he is now over 2 1/2. He is healthy and normal, although very small. That should be no surprise to anyone! He got 4 shots today, 2 in each thigh, so he is not a happy camper now.

Caleb's appointment was because he needed new prescriptions for all his allergy and asthma meds. I am getting tired of going in all the time for these appointments, so I wanted to communicate to the doctor that I needed more refills on each prescription. Well. Not only did I NOT communicate that, somehow I also miscommunicated the fact that I needed new prescriptions for all 4 of his medicines. After waiting forever for our name to called in the pharmacy line, I discovered that he only gave me new prescriptions for Zyrtec and Albuterol, not Singulair and Flonase. I almost cried. So now I will be going back for another appointment in less than 3 months, because that is how much of those 2 medicines I think we have left. Every time I have an appointment there, medical care immediately becomes the top reason why I absolutely do not want to stay here any longer than I have to. I can not communicate with the doctors there, and it is so incredibly frustrating.

We went to Wendy's for lunch, and my jr. bacon cheeseburger with no cheese indeed had cheese on it, so it was then that I started to wonder if maybe the problem isn't me! Maybe I speak a very garbled form of English but just don't realize it!

Anyhow, we are now back from the commissary, home from all the rain and traffic on 66, and I have $457 worth of groceries to put away. So I guess it is going to be a long night too! The one thing I did do right today was start a roast and vegetables in the crockpot this morning, so praise the Lord, dinner is already taken care of. *weak cheer*

4 comments:

sisterscooby said...

In light of National Delurking Week, I am here to say hi there! I do read your blog and my life is always a little more entertaining and blessed because of it!

Sherri
aka Scooby at A Place to Grow

Bob and Claire said...

Hey, Sherri! I must confess that I stop in frequently at your blog too--but I haven't made it over there to delurk! LOL! : ) There's actually quite a few blogs on the WTM list that I read, none of which are listed on my sidebar, and none of which I comment on--I think I am just lazy!

Unknown said...

Ahhh, De Lurking Week. What a concept. I will have to post my comment on lurking that I put on someone else's blog. Haven't figured out or rather taken the time to figure out how to do that in a comment, but I know you can. Yeah, living on the east coast is not a great deal of fun. People out here have NO IDEA what "traffic" is. And hopefully never will.
As always, I enjoy keeping up to date with you and the boys (including the big one). I sure do miss living next door to you. 'Course you already know that! Love ya, P

Dy said...

Ah, yes, the joys of east coast traffic and communication. It's not you - you just need to come down here. At least here, I know it's the accent that causes every. single. occurrence. of miscommunication. Jess in OK likes to laugh at me when we're on the phone and I'm trying to order a Krystal Chick - it's painfully funny!

Good luck w/ the next round of appointments and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy that crockpot supper!

Dy, who, um, has to go figure out what she can defrost before Zorak gets home...