Friday, October 04, 2013

Oct. 4

I had a bit of a mishap this morning.  I had to go to the bathroom at around 6:00 AM, so I got out of bed and strode toward the bathroom . . . only to literally crash into the corner wall, missing the bathroom door by a good several feet!  I crashed into the corner WITH MY FACE, that's how fast and confidently I was walking in the dark.  To be completely honest, I don't even think I had my eyes open!  I was so stunned; I could hardly comprehend where I was, and I was so confused, as was Bob, LOL.  Suffice to say, that woke me up!  I had to pee and then try to go back to sleep for a little while with a pounding headache, a big goose egg rising over my right eyebrow, and a swollen right top lip!  I can feel the lumps, but fortunately they aren't really noticeable, and the headache went away when I took motrin at breakfast.  Of course they might bruise, so if I look like I got in a fight when you see me Sunday morning at church or something, you'll know what happened, LOL.

I actually used to have quite the history of "sort-of" sleepwalking.  Amy can tell you plenty of tales from our college days where I would leap out of bed (in the middle of the night), get into my robe, grab all my shower stuff off my desk, and leave our room to go to the bathroom . . . where I would wake up enough to realize that no one else was up, and it was actually like 4:00 in the morning.  So I would come back to bed.  Amy usually woke up and would ask me if I was okay.  My famous response was, "It's okay--I KNOW what I'm doing."  Umm . . . yeah. 

One classic story from later than that was when we were in Colorado Springs for my grandpa's funeral, back in 2001, when I was pregnant with Caleb.  We were staying with my friend Pam, and Bob and I were down in her basement guest bedroom.  I had some sort of dream or something, and I needed to find the door (in the dream), so I got out of bed and tried to find it--but I was still not awake, so instead of finding the door, I knocked down an entire bookcase!!  That certainly woke Bob up in a hurry!  And not only did I knock down the bookcase, it fell onto this row of seedlings Pam had lined up under a grow- light, so Bob and I were trying to pick up books and sweep up potting soil at 3 in the morning!  That was an embarrassing conversation the next day . . . "Um, Pam, I don't know exactly how, but I knocked down your bookcase and knocked over a bunch of your seedlings . . . your guest bedroom is a mess . . . do you have a vacuum I could borrow? . . . "

Lately I haven't really had any sleepwalking issues.  I guess I'm just always so tired, LOL.  But seriously--I've been pregnant FIVE times in this house, with all the middle-of-the-night bathroom trips that entails, and never before have I crashed into anything!  We'll see how tonight goes . . .

No comments: