Thursday, October 31, 2013

Oct. 31--Halloween


The girls woke up this morning saying, "It's here!  It's finally here!  It's Chuck E. Cheese Day!!!"  We've never done trick-or-treating with the kids, but when we lived in Colorado, we started going to Chuck E. Cheese with the L's every Halloween.  The tradition continues--although Nathan did point out to me yesterday, "You know, Mom, Chuck E. Cheese isn't really that much fun.  I used to think it was the second best day of the year after Christmas!"  Ah, yes, my son . . . you are growing older, LOL.  I told him now he could have fun watching his younger siblings have fun, especially Drew and Micah!  He and Luke were lots of help in walking around with them.  Micah was quite entranced by all the games, as well as by the screens on the wall by where we ate dinner.  I couldn't even get him to look at the camera!
Nathan did say his Mario Kart score has improved since he started driving.  Ha!  When Faith was playing this game, Amy P. said Grace was crouching on the floor, holding down the accelerator for her.  Teamwork!  It's good to see such cooperation.
Drew was also enthralled by all the lights and sounds.  He ate a ton of stuff, and then he crawled around for awhile, pushing whatever buttons he could find.  I'm reading a fascinating book (that I will post about once I finish) about our societal lack of (intestinal) microbes and how that is affecting our allergy rates and rates of autoimmune disorders, so I didn't worry at all about him being exposed to tons of stuff everywhere!  (Like I would have been worried anyway, LOL--I've never been called a germaphobe.) 

So everyone had fun, we came home with the usual assortment of cheap candy and knick-knacks "bought" with our tickets, and now the little over-stimulated ones are all in bed.  I'm looking forward to the time when all the kids are old enough to play games all by themselves, and Bob and I can just hang out at the table the whole time, chatting with our friends!  At least I wasn't heavily pregnant this year, making a thousand trips to the bathroom, like last year!

No comments: